Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long Time No Blog

Ive been busy of late. This summer has been a very social summer. Since taking a break from running due to a nagging injury in May and many nights drinking heavy beers at the Clyde, I somehow gained 20+ pounds this summer. I won't be quitting the drinking but I am back running. I have also quit smoking for the billionth time. This time Imma pretty sure it is going to take. I quit for about 6 weeks earlier this year. This has been the hardest quit yet. So far so good I am on day 4.

The past few months have been fun from SaLe and Jim's wedding to seeing some off my all time favorites for the first time Tom Waits, Flaming Lips and Levon Helm. A lot of other good times have been had. I also finally have a car I can trust to leave town and have a/c and a stereo. My most recent rediscovery is NPR. I forgot how much I love the NPR. The summer has been good only thing missing is a new job, a new scene and a romance.

As far as romance is concerned I am finally reaching a point in my life where I think I can be content with no one. It is one of hardest things I struggle with, but accepting it is the only way to get past it. As 30 hit I have come to realize I must mature more in my life. I am debating taking the GMAT and grad school, trying to figure out my best route careerwise. Someone new has been pushing me to become more and find a better path, which is encouraging.

No comments: