Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Twin Peaks and Office Space

Ok these things have nothing in common at all. I didn’t get to watch Twin Peaks when it aired in the late 80's/early 90's. My roommate Brandon kept insisting I watch it and got a burned copy from a friend. I haven’t finished it yet due to a busy schedule, but without a doubt it is the best show from that time period and one of the best shows ever. I am almost midway into season 2. I like Lynch a lot (the director and creator of Twin Peaks). This show might be his best work in my humble opinion. So if you haven’t seen it check it out. If you have wait till I finish and we can discuss the craziness that is Twin Peaks. Seriously, wow what a series.

On to Office Space. I love this movie. Working a office job it rings a bit more true for me. I haven’t watched it in at least a couple years and the HBO is showing it so I caught it the other day. I haven’t laughed so hard at a movie I had already seen in a long time. I was in a good mood (no alcohol involved) anyways, so it made it all the better. I love those movies that when you catch them at the right time they are just plain awesome. So I was on the facebook and Kyle (Columnist for the Bham Weekly, his column "War on Dumb") posted a faux Office Space Preview and it was all sorts of awesome.
Check it.

No comments: