Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I can't believe it....I am in Love...

A few weeks ago Me and Drew went to the Clyde for Happy Hour. It was the first time I have went to J. Clydes in over 2 months other than stopping in for a drink to say hi to Thomas a few weeks back.

We have a new brewery in town called Good People. I first had their beer at Brewfest. I am very much a fan of GP beer, especially because it is local and good. I have had and enjoyed their standard brews the Good People Brown and Pale Ale.

Then this fateful day I walked up to the bar and looked at the new Beer List. On it was two new beers from Good People. One that I will never forget. Good People Oatmeal Coffee Stout... There are two things I really love in life Bacon and Black Coffee. This new beer is just like the best of beer and black coffee combined. I was instantly in heaven.

There are a lot of beers I like a lot such as Tanner Jack, New Castle, YeungLing, Blue Moon Summer honey Ale, Guinness, Boddingtons, Harp etc...etc... But this is the first beer I truly loved. The coffee and beer flavor perfectly compliments each other. It is a stout beer not as heavy as Guinness but you can't have more than few otherwise you will be full (at least I will).

The only other person who shares this love for this beer with me is one of the bartenders at the J Clyde another black coffee fan. What is bittersweet is the one person I know that would truly appreciate this beer as much as me is now living in Ohio...but next time Mr. Pihakis is in town the Clyde must be revisited.

The only bad thing about my new love is I can't enjoy it at home. Good People hasn't started bottling their beer yet. It is only sold as draught beer at a few bars in town J Clyde, Rojo, Highlands, and On Tap. It is also usually around $5 a beer, which is why I only drink it on Tuesday or Thursday at the J Clyde when all beer is half off. I've actually though of buying an kegarator or old fridge so I could have a keg of it at the house, but that would be a very costly idea espically with my current roommate who would probably empty the keg in a few days(without giving me a cent).

So alas back to the Clyde to enjoy my true love...Good People Oatmeal Stout Coffee Beer...

1 comment:

Sara Leah said...

Someday, when you come to visit us in Cincinnati, we will take you to the Comet so you can sample the wonderland of beers that they keep on hand. You will fall in love over and over again. I promise. (The absurdly high alcohol content in the craft beers I'm sure won't hurt you either.)